Email Alerts are automatic outbound emails from Priority Engine highlighting the most active accounts and most active prospects from an assigned Account List.
Once activated, Email Alerts will help your team:
- Save time researching which accounts and prospects should be prioritized due to recent activity
- Know when there are new activities at target accounts
- Discover net new opportunities at accounts that only recently became active
- Keep a close eye on the activity of top accounts and top prospects in rep territories
- Make better use of Priority Engine in their day-to-day workflow
There are two versions of email alerts that will be received from an assigned Account List: Account Email Alerts and Prospect Email Alerts. When are activate Email Alerts for any Account List or User, recipients will receive both Account and Prospect Email Alerts on a rotating basis.
Account Email Alerts:
Account Email Alerts highlight the most active accounts from an assigned Account List. They contain account highlights for sales territories, Account Lists, or Salesforce Account Views. Each alert contains up to six of your top accounts, key activity insights, Account Entry Points, and one-click access to Account Page details and buying team contacts.
Prospect Email Alerts:
Prospect Email Alerts highlight the most active Top Prospects from an assigned Account List. They contain prospect highlights for sales territories, Account Lists, or Salesforce Account Views. Each alert contains up to six of your top prospects, key activity insights, and one-click access to Top Prospects at your Account List.
Prospect names will come in with asterisks in your email alerts in order to comply with global privacy policies. Although prospect names are not revealed directly in the email you receive, you can click to open Priority Engine for a view of full prospect contact information.
*To learn more about the insights found in Email Alerts, please visit our Account Details page
How do Email Alerts work?
The ability to send/receive an Email Alert is first activated at the Account List level. Once activated for a list they can then can be toggled on or off for individual users. Managers can assign alerts to individuals and individuals can choose whether or not they want to receive an alert for an activated Account List. Subscribers will receive both Account and Prospect alerts which will rotate on a week to week basis.
- Administrators and List Builders have the ability to activate Email Alerts for all users assigned to an Account List. They can then select which individual users will receive them. They also have the ability to Cc themselves or other users on each alert as necessary. We recommend keeping Ccing to a minimum whenever possible.
- Read-Only users have the ability to choose whether or not they want to receive an Email Alert. They may do so only after an Administrator or List Builder has activated Email Alerts for an Account List. These preferences can be managed from the Home screen.
Each user can be assigned up to a maximum of 10 Email Alerts per week and 2 Email Alerts per day. As a user gets assigned to more than 1 Email Alert, each additional alert will be sent on subsequent days before doubling up, starting on Monday. For example:
- A user with two Email Alerts assigned to them will receive the first on Monday, and the second on Tuesday. The first week they will receive Account list alerts and the following week they will receive Prospect list alerts.
- Users subscribed to multiple alerts will also rotate through the two alert formats throughout the week.
- Therefore, if a user is subscribed to five alerts, they would see Account Email Alerts on M/W/F and Prospect Email Alerts on T/Th, and the following week they would see Prospect Email Alerts on M/W/F and Account Email Alerts on T/Th.
Email Alert Best Practice Tip
In the vast majority of scenarios, we recommend starting a user off with one Account List to receive Email Alerts. It is best practice to start with an alert from their overall territory, then expand from there as the user gets accustomed to making use of the alert.
How do I activate Email Alerts?
- Account Lists can be enabled for Email Alerts by Priority Engine Administrators and List Builders from the Manage Account Lists page. To access this page, click the Account Lists button underneath the Manage section within the left-hand navigation.
- Check the Enable Email Alerts box next to the Account List you would like to enable. Once an Account List is enabled for Email Alerts, all users assigned to that Account List will automatically be enabled to receive Email Alerts on both the account and prospect level. Users can then be individually unsubscribed as necessary. Users can unsubscribe themselves at any time.
Please note: If a user has a territory assigned to them, all Email Alerts they receive will be filtered by that territory.
- Email Alert status can also be managed at the user level by clicking the Users button underneath the Manage section within the left-hand navigation.
- Clicking on a user lets you quickly see all of the Account Lists and Email Alerts they are assigned to. Simply check or uncheck the corresponding box to add or remove them from each list's alert.
- Here you can enable a copy of a user's Email Alerts to be sent to additional recipients. Simply enter the intended recipient's email address in the Select additional users to Cc box and they will receive the email alert at the same time as the user. Cc recipients must be registered as a Priority Engine user.
Please note: A Cc'd recipient will receive an exact copy of that user’s Email Alert – they will not be modified to the recipient's territory criteria. This feature is intended to enable managers to monitor other user's Email Alert content.
Cc Feature Best Practice Tip
We recommend only using the Cc feature when necessary. While there is a limit of 10 Email Alerts for each user, there is no limit to how many Cc alerts an individual can receive. This can result in a user receiving an exorbitant amount of emails if overused.
How to unsubscribe users from Email Alerts
- Any Priority Engine user can unsubscribe from individual Email Alerts from their Home Page. Under the Receive Email Alerts column, switch the toggle beside the desired Account List to No to unsubscribe from that Account List's Email Alerts.
- Priority Engine Administrators and List Builders can unsubscribe users from the Manage Users page. To access this page, click the Users button underneath the Manage section within the left-hand navigation.
- Click on the drop-down arrow beside the user.
- Beside the name of each Account List, uncheck the box beside the users' email address in the column titled Email Alert Recipients to deactivate Email Alerts for that list.
Do I need to activate Prospect or Account Level Email Alerts separately?
No, Email Alerts automatically send a rotation of Prospect and Account Email Alerts on a set schedule. There is currently not an option to select from one type of alert or the other.