Priority Engine with Marketo brings the power of Account Lists directly into your marketing automation process. Easily boost the performance of your Smart Campaigns through direct Marketo integration.
- Optimize your investments by automatically exporting Priority Engine Account Lists directly into Marketo.
- Infuse Smart Lists and new highly-qualified contacts every week to boost MQL generation.
- Get the most out of your Priority Engine subscription by ensuring all available prospects are being leveraged for nurture.
- No manual manipulation of data required. Exported Priority Engine prospect data matches your Marketo standard fields.
Setting up Priority Engine with Marketo is a simple process that can be completed in minutes.
1: Set up Marketo API access for TechTarget
- Create an API-Only rule and user
- Create and configure a custom service
2: Set up field mapping and preferred export settings
- TechTarget will map Priority Engine data to your template to ensure smooth data transfer.
- You choose to create only new prospects or update data for existing Marketo leads.
3: Configure Smart List or identify fields to insert prospects into nurture
- Use the Priority Engine prospect code or the field of your choice to route prospects into the correct nurture stream.
Installing Priority Engine with Marketo
Creating a Marketo API User
1: Access the Admin Section of Marketo
2: Select Users & Roles
3: Click Invite New User
4: Create the API User Info
- Enter an Email Address For example, API-TT-USER@AAAAA.com note: this does not need to be a valid email
- Enter a First Name “API” is recommended for this so you can identify user as an API
- Enter a Last Name “TechTarget” is recommended for this so you can identify this as the API for TechTarget
- Enter a Reason “API User for Integrating TechTarget Products/Services with Marketo” is recommended to provide additional info
- Set the Access Expires Date Never is recommended for this so that Integration does not begin to fail, if expire is not updated promptly upon meeting the expiration date
- Click NEXT to continue with setup
5: Create the API User Permissions
- Select the appropriate Role for the API User It is recommended that an API Role is created for this
- Check the API Only box
- Click Next to continue
6: Create the API User Message
- Click Send to complete the setup process
- Confirm that the New User has been created
Creating the API Service to generate a Client ID & Client Secret
1: Access the Marketo Admin Section
2: Select Launchpoint in the Integration Section
3: Create a New Service for the TechTarget to Marketo Integration.
4: Enter a Display Name (TechTarget Integration) is recommended.
5: Select Custom as the Service.
6: Enter a Description of the Service (Automate Imports to Lead Database from TT) is recommended
7: Assign the API User created for TechTarget as the API Only User.
8: Click Create to complete the process.
9: Click on View Details for the Service created to TechTarget’s Integration with Marketo to see the Client ID & Client Secret
10: Copy the Client Id & Client Secret and provide this to TechTarget
Getting the Rest API URL Required for Integration
1: Access the Marketo Admin Section.
2: Select Web Services in the Integration Section
3: Scroll down to the REST API Section
4: Copy the Endpoint URL and provide this to TechTarget
Export field/field headers from Marketo
1: Go to the Admin
2: Select Field Management
3: Click Export Field Names
Exported Excel will contain the REST API (required for PE to Marketo), SOAP API & Friendly Names.
|REST API Name||SOAP API Name||Friendly Label|